Sunday 16 June 2019

Writing career in Pakistan ?


Thinking great is not enough. Imposing it practically and spreading it as awareness is more important. If one has knowledge, intuition, spiritual understanding of deep philosophies of life and nature, one becomes silent, isolated and prefers solitude. But what an introvert person like this will do with so much wisdom alone but not share it to the world and die. Then it’s nearly useless and unjust to the world, where people crave for knowledge desperately. Imagine what would have happened if Iqbal, Rumi, Plato, Shakespeare, Einstein, and many others never shared their wisdom with the world. Then I think, we would have been still luring in the stone age.
 I believe, a mother is born with her child, before that a woman cannot taste motherhood same I started believing about writing. In this regard, I believe a writer is born with the readers. When you start writing your thoughts, you have a clear picture of your readers in mind. It’s natural, and you already know what kind of people would relate to your thoughts. Not everyone is going to agree, also not everyone going to reject you. You are made for your relevant soul tribe; your soul mates will understand you widely and clearly. 
Coming to the title, I become consumed by my long-term fears of not being read or reach to my soul tribe to the extent I want. As a writer, I’ve spent nearly half of my mere life writing up things for people and for myself but still, I’m a mere untitled drop in the wide ocean of the world. Tried to contact many of the big-named publishers and never got a positive response. Because I thought getting read by people in Pakistan needs to have a big publishing house on your back and its true somehow. But one cannot assume to have writing as a full-time career, in the rising financial and economic pressure one cannot pursue their passion as a profession. Writing here demands you to volunteer but no gains in a material sense. So volunteering is for good for so long. I do not want to sense selfish, but yes one wants to be recognized and loved for their work, ultimately. I have no doubts about the bibliophiles, book lovers or readers in Pakistan, they are abundant and almost everywhere but yes I have some reservations about the writers. As many of us, are still looking for a better and positive platform to reach out on national and international levels.  Thanks to Amazon for providing the facilities of self-publishing but we need it in Pakistan more and more.
Thanks to the team Positive Pakistan, who always motivates the bloggers and writers to write something. Thanks to all of them for providing us this amazing platform of Positive Pakistan E-mag to speak out our hearts.
Sidra Munir
The author is a lecturer, blogger and member Positive Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Effective Reading Habit

·          Set times. You should have a few set times during every day when you’ll read for at least 5-10 minutes. ·          Find a qu...